Throughout your pregnancy, you may have a number of tests performed to ensure your health and that of your child. The team at The Group for Women is dedicated to providing optimal for our expectant patients, and use only the best medical equipment for screenings and prenatal testing. We have made the following tests available to you:
- Ultrasounds – We monitor fetal progress throughout your pregnancy.
- Blood Tests – We measure levels of PAPP-A and HCG to monitor placenta growth and health
- Alpha-Fetoprotein Screening (AFP) – This test checks the levels of AFP in your blood. Abnormal levels could warn of birth defects, Down’s Syndrome, or multiple births.
- Amniocentesis – The amniotic fluid is tested to diagnose for possible chromosomal disorders and spina bifida.
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) – Placental tissue is tested for anomalies and genetic disorders.
- Glucose Tolerance – Your glucose levels may be tested to check for gestational diabetes.
- Cystic Fibrosis Carrier Testing
- 1st Trimester Screening
For more information on prenatal testing, call us today at 757-466-6350.
The Group for Women is a leader in women’s healthcare providing OBGYN services, Urogynecology, Birth Control, Hormone Replacement Therapy, office procedures and minimally invasive and outpatient surgical procedures to patients in the cities of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Newport News and Hampton throughout Hampton Roads and beyond. Call us today for your appointment 757-466-6350.