If you have decided you do not wish to have any or any more children, but have concerns about the effectiveness of certain birth control methods, you may have considered a more permanent option. The Group for Women offers our patients Essure®, a procedure that is surgery-free, hormone-free, and highly effective.
When you are done having children, Essure® is the most effective* permanent birth control available – even more effective than tying your tubes. Besides being surgery-free and hormone-free, Essure® is performed in as little as ten minutes with no slowing down to recover so you can get back to your family right away.
Discover why women don’t just depend on Essure®, they love Essure®.
- Surgery-free—A simple procedure performed in your doctor’s office in less than 10 minutes
- Hormone-free—A more natural birth control method
- Anesthesia-free—There’s no slowing down to recover, and most women return to normal activities in less than a day
- Worry-free—Since 2002 over half a million women and their doctors have trusted Essure® as the most effective* permanent birth control
The Essure procedure was designed with women like you in mind—with no slowing down to recover—so you won’t need to take time away from your busy life. During the procedure, which takes less than 10 minutes, an Essure-certified doctor, like your Group for Women doctor, slides the small, soft inserts through the natural pathways of your vagina and cervix into your fallopian tubes, so no surgery or incision is required. The very tip of each insert remains visible to your doctor, providing immediate confirmation of proper placement. The flexible Essure inserts are made out of the same trusted, silicone-free material used in heart stents, so they bend and conform to the shape of your fallopian tubes while remaining securely in place.
The Essure® insert
Three key features of the Essure® insert help make it the most effective* permanent birth control available: the shape, the size and the material from which it’s made.
- Shape: The small, soft Essure inserts are designed to slide easily into each fallopian tube and stay in place.
- Size: The Essure® inserts stay secure, forming a long protective area. They also remain visible, so your doctor can confirm that they’re properly in place.
- Material: The Essure® inserts are made from the same trusted, silicone-free material used in heart stents. The material is flexible, so it conforms to the shape of your fallopian tubes.
Over the next three months, your body works with the Essure® inserts to form a natural barrier within each of your fallopian tubes. These barriers prevent sperm from reaching the eggs so that pregnancy cannot occur. During this three-month time frame, you must continue to use another form of birth control. After three months, it’s time for your Essure® Confirmation Test. During this simple test, a special dye is introduced into your uterus and viewed on an x-ray, so your doctor can confirm that your fallopian tubes are completely blocked and the inserts are in place. Once you receive this verification, you can rely on Essure® for permanent birth control.
Like all permanent birth control procedures, including tubal ligation and vasectomy, the Essure® procedure should not be considered reversible, so you should be sure you do not want to get pregnant in the future. If you would like to know more about Essure® and if your insurance plan covers the procedure, we invite you to contact us today at 757-466-5751 for a consultation.
Contact The Group for Women today at 757-466-5751 to schedule your appointment.